• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Survival Pending Vote party keys should be the party!

neonhudson

Typically once we reach 125 collective votes, a vote party is activated and everyone gets one vote key. This is great, and the new incentive to vote is actually really fun to look forward to, but it’s not really a party. You might be asking yourself “well, why isn’t it a party Hudson,” and the answer is that parties require music. My suggestion is to give out a record crate key instead of the vote crate key when a vote party is activated. Why? Well, honestly mostly for the memes but also I feel like it would still be really fun!

Mummieman

vote party's don't only give out keys it also gives you a small amount of money and claim Blocks.

I don't think record crates are a great idea personally.
    i think players will find it useless because it doesn't give anything that adds towards a buildable or gives additional money.

neonhudson

vote party's don't only give out keys it also gives you a small amount of money and claim Blocks.

I don't think record crates are a great idea personally.
    i think players will find it useless because it doesn't give anything that adds towards a buildable or gives additional money.
    Don’t rain on my parade, this is the greatest idea cultivate has ever seen. Since you already get vote keys from voting I seriously doubt it will cause any drama.

Flaim

I was thinking it would be cool to have a chance at giving everyone a good key instead of a vote key
    Maybe like 1% of the time it'll drop a random key like Sacred, Legendary, or Seasonal

..or music :)

Cactus

If this is a joke or meme then it shouldn't have been posted. Along with vote keys you also have a chance to win sacred and legendary also I think? You can also buy whatever song you want in /records for 3mil. That's not a lot once you get higher ranks.

Flaim

If this is a joke or meme then it shouldn't have been posted. Along with vote keys you also have a chance to win sacred and legendary also I think? You can also buy whatever song you want in /records for 3mil. That's not a lot once you get higher ranks.
    Afaik theres no legendary or sacred keys available for PARTY drops atm. When you vote you have a small chance of getting a sacred/lege key each time, but I dont think that feature is in the vote party system currently

I think there is some merit to this suggestion, even if the music disk idea is kinda silly
    The vote parties are awesome, and it definitely incentivizes people to vote when that counter starts to get close... but after a while it will become such a stale thing that the incentive to vote and get the party to 125/125 will be gone. I think adding a chance at getting a sacred, lege, or seasonal key (like Spring!) would bring some hype to the feature and really encourage people to stick to their daily voting.

neonhudson

This isn’t a meme or a joke, this is a serious suggestion, it would just be a funny addition.

neonhudson

Man y’all seem to really hate music, so let me modify my suggestion. What if there’s a chance to get a record crate key, maybe 20% of the time? I feel like that would keep the tryhards happy while still adding in a fun surprise.

Nolan

Owner
    Appreciate the amount of conversation here, does show at least some proper usage of the suggestions forum which is great!

As for my own thoughts, few things:
    1. I do not agree with Record Crates being involved in Vote Parties. I would argue this makes the Vote Party worse. Our goal should be to improve them! Cosmetics are fun and all, but I think expanding usage of the Record Crate in this way would not be wise. Even within a chance model, wouldn't it really suck if you hype everyone up for Vote Party rewards, and then every 1 out of 5 times they get a music disc? I think that would be a disappointing outcome for a lot of people.
    2. Vote Parties should have a way to introduce variety. I agree that the rewards will get stale, and over time, the current reward set for a Vote Party will be aimed too much at new users. This works at the beginning of a season but will not work forever. The rewards should probably be something in which all can use/enjoy.
    3. I am not sold on introducing other types of key drops to the Vote Party. It would need to be properly balanced, and balancing becomes difficult to do without increasing the Vote Party requirement. When you increase the requirement, the Vote Party will probably feel too out of reach, and people will not feel incentivized to vote for something which could take a long time to occur. I also think introducing more valuable keys will increase the amount of people who will try to game the system. There are some creative ways around this type of thing... but then that would just make the system too complex for what it is.

As for what a solution looks like for the above, I am currently unsure. Will require some further thinking on the team's part, so I've labeled this as pending for now.

Flaim

Appreciate the amount of conversation here, does show at least some proper usage of the suggestions forum which is great!

As for my own thoughts, few things:
    1. I do not agree with Record Crates being involved in Vote Parties. I would argue this makes the Vote Party worse. Our goal should be to improve them! Cosmetics are fun and all, but I think expanding usage of the Record Crate in this way would not be wise. Even within a chance model, wouldn't it really suck if you hype everyone up for Vote Party rewards, and then every 1 out of 5 times they get a music disc? I think that would be a disappointing outcome for a lot of people.
    2. Vote Parties should have a way to introduce variety. I agree that the rewards will get stale, and over time, the current reward set for a Vote Party will be aimed too much at new users. This works at the beginning of a season but will not work forever. The rewards should probably be something in which all can use/enjoy.
    3. I am not sold on introducing other types of key drops to the Vote Party. It would need to be properly balanced, and balancing becomes difficult to do without increasing the Vote Party requirement. When you increase the requirement, the Vote Party will probably feel too out of reach, and people will not feel incentivized to vote for something which could take a long time to occur. I also think introducing more valuable keys will increase the amount of people who will try to game the system. There are some creative ways around this type of thing... but then that would just make the system too complex for what it is.

As for what a solution looks like for the above, I am currently unsure. Will require some further thinking on the team's part, so I've labeled this as pending for now.
    I agree that if other keys were introduced to the vote parties it could definitely cause balance issues. Even with a small chance to hit a seasonal key, if we had multiple attempts per day to get a seasonal key drop as a server... there could definitely start to be issues.

I had an idea to maybe make every fifth party a "Mega Party", where the requirement is 250 votes and THEN the loot pool is increased for the drop.
    However... I think it still struggles with another thing you mentioned... it might feel "too far away", further de-incentivizing voting.

So my next idea was to make it a random chance. Every time we complete a vote party there is a random unknown chance that the NEXT party will be a mega party. So there wouldn't be anyone keep track of how close we are to a mega party, it would just be something that could happen any time we finish a regular vote key 125/125 party.
    I have 0 clue what the logistics of this look like for you and Keehl. This might be not even realistic because of how it could be to implement, but as far as balance changes go that's what I came up with!