• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Survival Pending Prestige Feedback

Yeeteth

I understand last season prestige was changed and after having the full experience, I figured I would give some input and feedback of how I felt it was experienced.

LEVELLING CHANGES
    The increase in cost was going to be a given as thats what prestige usually entails in most games with a prestige systems, but I legitimately enjoyed the system of reduced crop prices too. Even with the increase in crop prices, getting to max rank in Prestige 1 and even prestige 2 would have been fairly easy if making the same money as non Prestige.

A slight mention, while I get the idea of not having AFK farms in P3, I think it could have been done differently. It made it seem like building the farm through out the season was for no reason because it made it all useless. What could hav been done is a severe nerf to the auto farmable items however, one number I had in mind was 10% of what they were worth in SS6 of prestige. Just a thought, but might turn less people away

ENTERING PRESTIGE
    I think the 300m barrier into prestige is something that shouldnt happen again, but I understand why it was put in and as far as I'm aware it wont be in this upcoming prestige. Thinking about it, having a barrier was at the time the only way you could have avoided the stockpiling issue as it wasnt expected to be as large as it was. The only way to avoid that is start of season changes, like potentially not allowing cactus into shulkers? But the issue lies there that it might mess up other peoples farm designs for the future.

I think a change in the way you enter prestige could be made here to make it more of a serious thing. Currently, you reach 200 and then sort of rankup again and you are in prestige. There is a seperate command to type to view prestige info, but not many people really knew about the command after it got lost in changelogs. This also meant not everyone was able to read information regarding the prestige tokens and while it didn't impact many, it had potential to be a lot worse. Having a GUI like the prestige info command, but making it so you prestige from that tab as well could be a way to prevent both accidental prestiges, as well as getting people to read the info (accessed by /prestige or something, also allowing everyone to read information about prestige).

LEVELLING PROGRESSION
    Not much to say about the levelling progression, seemed to be pretty fair for the most part. However one thing I will add is that levelling at the back end of the mid tier shop (between about 128-144 in P2 and 116-144 in P3) was insanely long and tedious. This is the point where most players burnt out on. I think scaling back the cost a tiny bit on this area, or making the increase between shops 4 and 5 higher than the 1% it was before. Even if that meant spacing the shops a bit further out, the difference between shops 4 and 5 compared to the effort it took didnt make it seem that worthwhile, and most people only got it for the access to SS6.

REWARDS
    Again not much to say, rewards seemed fair. Maybe if instead of having a ton of commands taken away and buying them back, we got a few more lower tier rewards like gen vouchers or prestige vouchers that would be cool.

GENERAL IMPROVEMENT
    I think the biggest issue myself and many others had was that we really didnt know what to expect. This can be a good thing, but I think a lot of people were also turned away when they heard the complaints of the first few people to having X or Y available to them. I personally did not have an issue with the changes made (Even the no AFK changes), the biggest thing I personally had issues with is the lack of communication going into each. I respect its meant to be a challenge, but at least knowing kind of what I'm getting into for P2 and 3 would have been good, even if it was vague (something like "Limited auto farm usage" or "0 Auto farm usage" for P3 would have been cool and would have made it more exciting IMO.

General thoughts, even though there was a bit of whining, I did actually enjoy P3 and prestige as a whole. I do think when making changes like in P3, it should be with all farms taken into account as it felt a bit unfair i had to manual farm all day while others with different auto farms were not (although that was fixed and I dont see it being an issue this time around). I did get a bit burnt out at a few points, but it kept it fresh to continue levelling up again. This was a revamped prestige so I know it wasnt going to be perfect, and I doubt you expected it to be perfect, so I am more than happy to discuss further points in detail if you would like to. I know this was kinda long so thanks for reading this word soup! If you need any help with testing out prestige stuff, I'm more than available to help out.

Hello Yeeteth, Nolan et all,
    I have a question in regards to prestige; The update notes dated April 27 state something confusing to me. "Level 200 is going to now require users to have 150 Crop Levels in all Crops." Is this saying that we must have a crop level in each crop possible MUST be farmed/cultivated to at least level 150. In the past I thought being able prestige by producing a set dollar level to level up. Does this mean we will have to now have to reach a crop levels of 150 in wert, carrots, wheat, coco beans, melons, pumpkins, etc? I so this has changed the game substantially not all crops are equal and should not be treated as such!

Nolan

Owner
    Hello Yeeteth, Nolan et all,
    I have a question in regards to prestige; The update notes dated April 27 state something confusing to me. "Level 200 is going to now require users to have 150 Crop Levels in all Crops." Is this saying that we must have a crop level in each crop possible MUST be farmed/cultivated to at least level 150. In the past I thought being able prestige by producing a set dollar level to level up. Does this mean we will have to now have to reach a crop levels of 150 in wert, carrots, wheat, coco beans, melons, pumpkins, etc? I so this has changed the game substantially not all crops are equal and should not be treated as such!
    Relevant excerpt via Discord: "Crops have different XP earn rates: All crops have the same leveling formula (xp required to level up the crop), but crops will earn you different amounts of XP for each one broken. The most popular crops do tend to earn the least amount of XP currently (Nether Wart, Carrots etc.), and the least popular crops actually earn the most amount of XP towards progression. This means that under the requirement, the worst crops that you really don't want to farm, will reach 150 the quickest, and the ones that you do typically farm, they will take a little longer but you are farming them to progress anyways, so it's less of a deterrent. Along with these changes, the incentive to level up Crop Levels is also being improved (which was previously announced), and so there will be further reason as to why you would want to level up a Crop Level instead of just having to."

Relevant excerpt via Discord: "Crops have different XP earn rates: All crops have the same leveling formula (xp required to level up the crop), but crops will earn you different amounts of XP for each one broken. The most popular crops do tend to earn the least amount of XP currently (Nether Wart, Carrots etc.), and the least popular crops actually earn the most amount of XP towards progression. This means that under the requirement, the worst crops that you really don't want to farm, will reach 150 the quickest, and the ones that you do typically farm, they will take a little longer but you are farming them to progress anyways, so it's less of a deterrent. Along with these changes, the incentive to level up Crop Levels is also being improved (which was previously announced), and so there will be further reason as to why you would want to level up a Crop Level instead of just having to."
    This may have fine IF everyone knew this going in to this season but you made the choice perhaps it would have been a good idea to plan the new season ahead of time!!! This way at the beginning of the season we could have hit the ground running instead have to decide on what we had to do to have a successful. Otherwise; one can easily have the idea that you are making the play book as it goes...

Flaim

This may have fine IF everyone knew this going in to this season but you made the choice perhaps it would have been a good idea to plan the new season ahead of time!!! This way at the beginning of the season we could have hit the ground running instead have to decide on what we had to do to have a successful. Otherwise; one can easily have the idea that you are making the play book as it goes...
    Also taken from Nolan's post on Discord:
    "We are not trying to move the goalposts or do anything nefarious, but are simply trying to promote meta diversity."

Plus, he definitely made the change early enough in the season... we're only three weeks in. Only a small handful of players are even close to 200, and even those players have plenty of time to switch up their farms before they would have hit 200 on the previous requirements.

I get that you're just trying to nicely say that you're not a fan of changing requirements mid-season, but this is NOT a big deal at all imo. The change is not going to require huge amounts of time to comply with, and will force players to try something other than cactus, wart, and carrots, which will be a good thing in the end.

Last edited: