• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Survival Mini-event: Fishing contests

nightlight

The one thing I hold dear from a previous server I was on is fishing contests. The current REACTIONS game reminds me of it for being a reoccurring minievent. It went like this as an example:

-Every 1-2 hours there's a notification that a fishing contest started and it lasts for 5 minutes.
    -There are TOP 3 prizes that a player could win by fishing: biggest fish (in weight) wins ~3000 currency, second place 2000, third place 1000. (There were also 4th and 5th places with 500 and 250 prizes respectively.)
    -All of the items were customized and varied in rarity. Some even were consumables with handy potion effects or they immediately gave you poison or temporary blindness depending on the type of fish you picked up.
    -At the end you could sell all the custom fish for small, varied prices.

There are fishing contest plugins out there that let you modify all the aspects of prize money, item types, contest timing, and what have you.
    Currently fishing doesn't play any part in the farming economy. This might incentivise people to do fishing and be more engaged in gameplay.

Last edited:

Mummieman

The one thing I hold dear from a previous server I was on is fishing contests. The current REACTIONS game reminds me of it for being a reoccurring minievent. It went like this as an example:

-Every 1-2 hours there's a notification that a fishing contest started and it lasts for 5 minutes.
    -There are TOP 3 prizes that a player could win by fishing: biggest fish (in weight) wins ~3000 currency, second place 2000, third place 1000. (There were also 4th and 5th places with 500 and 250 prizes respectively.)
    -All of the items were customized and varied in rarity. Some even were consumables with handy potion effects or they immediately gave you poison or temporary blindness depending on the type of fish you picked up.
    -At the end you could sell all the custom fish for small, varied prices.

There are fishing contest plugins out there that let you modify all the aspects of prize money, item types, contest timing, and what have you.
    Currently fishing doesn't play any part in the farming economy. This might incentivise people to do fishing and be more engaged in gameplay.
    currently there is something like you described on skyblock only.

whe have currently on skyblock fishing tournaments.
    where you fish for 5 minutes and the person with the most fish caught wins.
    #1 gets 20k
    #2 gets 10k
    #3 gets 5k

and the custom fish can be sold for extra money as well.

have a look on our wiki if this is what you where thinking off.

i do think it might be a fun thing to add on survival down the line aswell to give more options.

nightlight

currently there is something like you described on skyblock only.

whe have currently on skyblock fishing tournaments.
    where you fish for 5 minutes and the person with the most fish caught wins.
    #1 gets 20k
    #2 gets 10k
    #3 gets 5k

and the custom fish can be sold for extra money as well.

have a look on our wiki if this is what you where thinking off.

i do think it might be a fun thing to add on survival down the line aswell to give more options.
    Sounds very similar in concept. That's why I put Survival on the tag hoping this kind of contest would be implemented there since I don't play Skyblock myself. Any type of fishing contest, be it similar or different to both variants mentioned, would be a cool addition there for the sake of more fishing/farming related options and more activities to do in general.