• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Survival Denied Editing the way server boosts work

I recently got a 20%sell boost through the advent calendar. When I sold something randomly in my inventory that I didn't need, the sell boost automatically started up. This was annoying because I didn't have much to sell at the time almost wasting the sell boost (yes I know I got the boost for free, but it's still annoying that it used it without my realizing or wanting it to turn on.). While im not here to rant I wanted to give some suggestions to this feature: Have a one way switch in the /sell menu (maybe where the glass panels are) to enable the sell boosts that you have. Sell boosts or other boosts should not be able to be turned off however but it would be great to have the option to turn it on rather than it automatically turning on. Again this is not a rant about what heppend to me but a suggestion so hopefully it doesnt hppen in the future.

Keehl254

Developer
    This won't change your desire to have Sell Boosters changed; however, the boosters actually start once they are applied rather than on your first sell. The moment you got the booster from advent, the server sets a select time and date that the booster will run out.

Huh interesting, the mods in chat and some other members told me it was on my first sell, maybe explain that in a server message when someone gets it through the advent calendar? It seems that alot of people are confused on how it works then.

Anyways I still feel that a way to start it when you want but unable to start it would be nice. Games like Call of duty or other big AAA games have this feature for xp so I don't think that it would be too unbalanced.

Nolan

Owner
    Huh interesting, the mods in chat and some other members told me it was on my first sell, maybe explain that in a server message when someone gets it through the advent calendar? It seems that alot of people are confused on how it works then.

Anyways I still feel that a way to start it when you want but unable to start it would be nice. Games like Call of duty or other big AAA games have this feature for xp so I don't think that it would be too unbalanced.
    Comparing the server to a AAA title is not really a fair comparison. Their progression systems are also massively different.

The reason boosters are not given flexibility on when they start is simply due to abuse. People would stockpile crops and then use the booster to sell when they need to progress. Example of blatant abuse (which would definitely happen):
    1. Obtain booster for 20% for 1 hour.
    2. Farm for 6-12 hours (or more) and stockpile the crops
    3. Activate booster
    4. Mass sell the crops when booster is active.
    A one hour booster would then have the same effectiveness of a 6-12 hour booster simply due to starting it at an opportune time. If there are simple, user friendly ways around something like this then I would be all ears.

Hmmm that is a good point that I didn't think of.

Here are some solutions that probably suck XD :

1. Maybe have crops have an NBT tag that stores the date and time they were harvested (I.E when say a carrot was broken or a cactus broke from a block being next to it.) Then when you go to sell, the server checks the NBT tag with the start of the sell booster. If it was before the sell booster was activated then sell at normal price? In chat it could say

X carrots sold for $$$ with 20% boost
    x sold for $$$ without (harvested too long ago)

Downsides of this is it will probably take a hit to server performance and lag a bit . Plus the NBT tagged crops wouldn't be able to stack together

2. You could make it an auto seller functionality. So when I break a carrot or wart, it gets auto sold and sold with the 20% boost.

Downsides of this is: cactus and non manual games wouldn't get the boost. Maybe auto selling would break the economy a bit too much if this was purchasable

3. Since /co I keeps track of how many and when items are put into chests, you could have a custom check to see if X crops have been added to local chests in a radius around the player before the 20% sell boost?

Downsides of this are again lag and server performance. Also someone could simply move the crops form old cheats into new chests Durning the time frame and sell them all

Nolan

Owner
    Unfortunately, solutions here are currently not usable. If another user or anyone else has ideas about how to go about this, it would be appreciated. However for now I am going to move this to "Denied Suggestions" as nothing is planned to change for Boosters right now.