• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Survival Pending Botanical Marvel issue

Yeeteth

So the perk you unlock at 192 is a fantastic perk and has the potential to be one of the most useful perks in S5, however the timing of when you unlock it to me doesn't make too much sense. By 192, you most likely already have Herbalism 1500 (especially with the new level 200 requirements). The current unlock requirement means it is effectively a useless perk when you unlock it, so I thought up of a couple ways to make it a more useful perk.

1. Swap Daily Double (level 44 unlock) with Botanical Marvel (Level 192 unlock)

It makes sense to have botanical marvel as one of the first perks you unlock in my eyes. At level 44 a lot of people are still grinding MCMMO levels to get to herbalism 1500, and a perk that essentially gives you bonus money seems like a better late game option, although it seems like it might be too late to incorporate this idea without causing 80% of the server to whinge

2. Provide (worthwhile) rewards for mcmmo levels above 1500, specifically herbalism in this case
    At the moment there isn't really an incentive to go past any skill over 1500, and people are only getting herb over 1500 because of the way the server works which is absolutely fine. But having a perk that provides bonus herbalism exp in the late game when everyone already has the max reward makes it seem like it isnt worth too much. Providing some sort of reward every 1k, 2k and/or 5k levels would make this perk at its current unlock spot make sense. Maybe a sacred key every 1k levels and a seasonal key every 5k or something along those lines, but something to incentivize the use of that perk

3. Make it a 10% mcmmo booster in general, not specific to herbalism
    This one makes the most sense in my eyes, as its a late game unlock that can help people smash out quests they haven't done yet. I dont think i really need to talk too much in detail about this one

Just a few thoughts on how to make a potentially fantastic perk more used/useful. More than happy to have a discussion about it at some point as well!

Flaim

So the perk you unlock at 192 is a fantastic perk and has the potential to be one of the most useful perks in S5, however the timing of when you unlock it to me doesn't make too much sense. By 192, you most likely already have Herbalism 1500 (especially with the new level 200 requirements). The current unlock requirement means it is effectively a useless perk when you unlock it, so I thought up of a couple ways to make it a more useful perk.

It makes sense to have botanical marvel as one of the first perks you unlock in my eyes. At level 44 a lot of people are still grinding MCMMO levels to get to herbalism 1500, and a perk that essentially gives you bonus money seems like a better late game option, although it seems like it might be too late to incorporate this idea without causing 80% of the server to whinge

2. Provide (worthwhile) rewards for mcmmo levels above 1500, specifically herbalism in this case
    At the moment there isn't really an incentive to go past any skill over 1500, and people are only getting herb over 1500 because of the way the server works which is absolutely fine. But having a perk that provides bonus herbalism exp in the late game when everyone already has the max reward makes it seem like it isnt worth too much. Providing some sort of reward every 1k, 2k and/or 5k levels would make this perk at its current unlock spot make sense. Maybe a sacred key every 1k levels and a seasonal key every 5k or something along those lines, but something to incentivize the use of that perk

This one makes the most sense in my eyes, as its a late game unlock that can help people smash out quests they haven't done yet. I dont think i really need to talk too much in detail about this one

Just a few thoughts on how to make a potentially fantastic perk more used/useful. More than happy to have a discussion about it at some point as well!
    I love the idea for #1 and #3.

although it seems like it might be too late to incorporate this idea without causing 80% of the server to whinge
    I think you might get a few people complaining, but it would be the minority of players imo. Daily doubles are fun, but they're not essential to grinding or ranking up... so I don't think many people would miss the perk too terribly. Especially knowing they would be able to get it back @ 192 when the real grind starts.

and for your #3 suggestion, I think that sounds interesting and fair. Give a boost to the late game players so they can finish grinding McMMO quests with a booster active. Almost like it's a strand of "post-game content". I like the idea!

Nolan

Owner

The crux of the issue at hand here is that we do not really possess a great way to rewards people perks after someone has passed a level milestone. The locations of perks within level progression is pretty permanent at this point in time. We've already looked into possible things as much of what you are saying is valid, but if we start moving perks around then we are going to have to manually adjust everyone and that is a support/logistical nightmare. If we move things around and then do not reward people for what they missed, then there won't be a way for users to get those perks, which is unfair. This may change in the future, but at the present time this is an impossible situation.

As for adding things to perks / changing things, we are in the process of doing so. These updates specifically require multiple people on board and does take some time, but recent focus has been Perks and changing some more Crop Level things. So I would expect news on that.. reasonably soon. I won't speak to specifically what we're doing, but it's all for the better in my opinion. We have some changes earmarked for Botanical Marvel as well so this is going to be labeled as pending.