• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Survival Boss arena and everything that could be added with it.

Mummieman

Mummie here with an suggestion.

my suggestion is not a small quick QoL addon or tweaks.
    this is quite a big thing to add so I don't expect it bein worked on or accepted any time soon.
    now that is out of the way the suggestion.

my suggestion is as an idea not hard but servers side might be challenging.
    a boss arena.

have the build team or maybe even an event to ask the community to build an arena and the winner gets picked.
    in the arena is where the boss spawns 3 times a day and players have to work together to kill it.
    when the boss is defeated everyone that did at least 1k damage gets a kill coin you can increase the amount of coins gained based on the damage and the top 3 has a change to get something special (like strength potion 6 for example).

in the arena there would be an npc that gives you the option to trade in the kill coins for better gear or a boss crate that contains combat related items to help you in battles.
    to unlock the boss arena you could add a little quest line to explain it and how it works. and get some sort of small reward and the ability to use /warp Boss Arena to get automatically teleported inside the battle zone.

as for bosses for the arena i have a some ideas.

The zombie giant.

it is a zombie and will do 4 hearts of damage with prot 1 netherite armor.
    his attacks are slow but he can give you either damage or giving you the Hunger effect for 20 seconds.
    at random intervals he will spawn 10 zombies in full diamond to assist him.

The snow golem.

this is just a snow golem that has gone berserk someone stole his pumpkin.
    he will trow snow balls at players at a rapid phase that do damage, knock you back and gives you slowing effect.
    this boss would be more ranged focused due the slowness and when you are closer to him he will have an aura that damages you over time and gives you worse slowness over the snowballs.

The Ghast boss.

this is a ghast that is flying around and shoots multiple fire balls at once.
    it spawns blazes and wither skelly minions.
    turns blocks of the floor into lava so be sure to bring a fire resist potion.

possible rewards.

for the boss coins that can be traded with the npc.
    will not include pricing.
    • swords with all combat related enchantments in different materials and enchantments levels.
    • bows/crossbows with different enchantments.
    • grappling hook
    • boss related titles.
    • potions that are used in boss battles.
    • golden apples. (both kinds)
    • boss crate key.
    • armor pieces.
    • Combat related perks ?

for the top 3 rewards that have like a 10% change to drop or even lower. which can be the item pool of the boss crate.
    • weapons with a custom enchant that works with fighting mobs and 1 or 2 higher combat enchantments over the npc items.
    • a crate key. to keep this simple i would pick a non seasonal key to save from changing it.
    • higher level potions that you can normally not make like strength or regen.
    • armor with higher prot than vanilla.
    • titles
    • dirt generators < adding this would give players a new way of obtaining them currently only obtainable in jobs as a reward.
    • mini versions of the bosses as a pet.
    some questions i asked myself and can see others asking.

Q :
    what about donor ranks don't they have a unfair advantage with their commands.
    A: /enchant is not an advantage everyone can get the max amount of vanilla enchantments. /god, fly , and heal/feed can be auto disabled in the area.

Q: can you sell the boss coins or trade them.
    A: they should be made untradeable just like kit items are or claim blocks.

Q: what happens with the boss if no one kills it and a new one is about to spawn.
    A: this can be fixed if there is a way to see how long the area is unloaded and de-spawn it or only start a new timer when the boss is death.

Q: Will the boss key be in the webstore
    A: I think it would be better to have it be earned by doin boss battles instead to combat the complaints about. P2W

feel free to give feedback and add ideas on my suggestion.

Greetz Mummie.

Last edited:

50runeeli

you mentioned normal enchants, but there is still /ce which is a high donor rank perk with enchants that give benefits in combat, a good way of solving this however, is having alot of the items dropped from this boss event to include these enchants, so that its still possible for anybody to use things like " ThunderingBlow " " Vampire " etc.

overall i do like the idea, and its a great way to add new fun items to the game, custom bows, swords, and armor would be a nice edition and some PVM would be a fun event for sure

Mummieman

you mentioned normal enchants, but there is still /ce which is a high donor rank perk with enchants that give benefits in combat, a good way of solving this however, is having alot of the items dropped from this boss event to include these enchants, so that its still possible for anybody to use things like " ThunderingBlow " " Vampire " etc.

overall i do like the idea, and its a great way to add new fun items to the game, custom bows, swords, and armor would be a nice edition and some PVM would be a fun event for sure
    i forgot that one yes but some enchantments like thundering blow can not be used by donors (any custom enchantment that is red in /ce list can not be used with /ce enchant)
    i am sure there is plenty of opportunity to add those enchantments to either the crate items or npc items to balance it out.