• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Survival A list of cool suggestions

Iperionus

Ok so, I've been thinking about some suggestions for the future of Cultivate and since there were a few, I decided to do them all in a single thread, so its easy to look at and answer all at once.

1.Merge blue and red for the next season.

I think merging the servers again, like it has been for the past 3 seasons would be a good choice, because of the current player base size. I know the player base gets a lot bigger at the start of a season, which leads to lag, but with merging/getting a better machine I think the lag could be more bearable. Another good thing about this is that it can get more competitive for the people who play for prestige, which will lead to them having more rivals, which will make them work harder and get them motivated. This will also be good for the casual players, because, there's a much greater number of players from America, than lets say from Australia, or Europe, and if you split them between 2 different servers, that makes it so there's even less players per server at day for Europe or Australia. Also, the maintenance and moderation would be much easier.

2.Greater rewards for mcmmo farming.

Adding some milestone rewards for mcmmo levels would be a great way to encourage people to farm for the mcmmo levels instead of just afk-ing all day at their cactus farms while they're trying to get money for their rank ups. An interesting concept reward i thought of would be +1% sell boost for every 500 mcmmo levels up to 1500 for every branch of mcmmo. That would encourage the competitive players to grind for them, so they get more money from farming, and make it so they can rank up faster.

3.Weekly / Bi-Weekly events.

I know something along the lines of this was attempted in the past, but i think small weekly or bi-weekly events (building, boat racing, mapart , etc..) which would give 1-2 seasonal keys as 1. reward would encourage players to play more, and make more opportunities for players without credit cards/ money to get seasonal tools from crates. The events would be organized by a small team of trustworthy players (3-5 players) with a Mod or an Admin at the head of the team. The events wouldn't need that much work to be set up and i think it would bring more variety to the server. The event squad would be responsible for judging and making the event areas, while the Mod or an Admin would be supervising them and giving them ideas.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk,and if you have any questions/objections be sure to comment on the thread :)

-Ippy

neonhudson

I really like the idea of the events, but feel as if they should be every couple of weeks or every month. Once a week feels too predictable and might die out quickly and finding someone to sponsor these events so often might be a struggle. I also think that while an "event team/manager" has been tried in the past and has failed, giving it one last try in season 5 would be something worth thinking about. Some small event ideas could be trivia, boat racing, a map art "station", building contests, etc. I think having people apply to the event team position like it is a staff position would be helpful in ensuring that the members of the team are dedicated and willing to truly make the events fun/memorable. (Personally, I would love to be a part of something like this and would apply in a heartbeat.) While I have only been on this server a little less than a year, from my experience a lot of people rank up and go tryhard mode and then quit because gaining anything meaningful from something other than farming has pretty much been nerfed, and a lot of old players from past seasons have agreed that events like these are part of what made Cultivate so much fun, Now that these events no longer occur, once you make your farm and build your base and get to 200 or prestige, there isn't really anything else and honestly, it gets boring. I love Cultivate and have has some opinions on this for a while so I'm sorry for rambling, but I truly feel like this could bring the life back to the server :)

Nolan

Owner
    Ok so, I've been thinking about some suggestions for the future of Cultivate and since there were a few, I decided to do them all in a single thread, so its easy to look at and answer all at once.

1.Merge blue and red for the next season.

I think merging the servers again, like it has been for the past 3 seasons would be a good choice, because of the current player base size. I know the player base gets a lot bigger at the start of a season, which leads to lag, but with merging/getting a better machine I think the lag could be more bearable. Another good thing about this is that it can get more competitive for the people who play for prestige, which will lead to them having more rivals, which will make them work harder and get them motivated. This will also be good for the casual players, because, there's a much greater number of players from America, than lets say from Australia, or Europe, and if you split them between 2 different servers, that makes it so there's even less players per server at day for Europe or Australia. Also, the maintenance and moderation would be much easier.

2.Greater rewards for mcmmo farming.

Adding some milestone rewards for mcmmo levels would be a great way to encourage people to farm for the mcmmo levels instead of just afk-ing all day at their cactus farms while they're trying to get money for their rank ups. An interesting concept reward i thought of would be +1% sell boost for every 500 mcmmo levels up to 1500 for every branch of mcmmo. That would encourage the competitive players to grind for them, so they get more money from farming, and make it so they can rank up faster.

3.Weekly / Bi-Weekly events.

I know something along the lines of this was attempted in the past, but i think small weekly or bi-weekly events (building, boat racing, mapart , etc..) which would give 1-2 seasonal keys as 1. reward would encourage players to play more, and make more opportunities for players without credit cards/ money to get seasonal tools from crates. The events would be organized by a small team of trustworthy players (3-5 players) with a Mod or an Admin at the head of the team. The events wouldn't need that much work to be set up and i think it would bring more variety to the server. The event squad would be responsible for judging and making the event areas, while the Mod or an Admin would be supervising them and giving them ideas.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk,and if you have any questions/objections be sure to comment on the thread :)

-Ippy
    As a long time member you are probably aware that we are always working on things in the background, and that does apply to Survival currently. So I will try and answer this to the best of my ability without leaking anything. Also, thank you for posting a suggestion here. This is by far the best way to get a timely/detailed response to a suggestion.

1. Merging Red + Blue back together.
    This will never happen. This was a permanent choice and one that has worked out well, when considering why we did this in the first place. Building out capacity and having it be unused is much, much better than maxing out a smaller amount of capacity. The idea that somehow merging the servers would be a performance boost, is a complete fallacy. The reason for this move in the first place was for better performance and that part of it has succeeded. I agree that it is not the best setup for lower amounts of players, but I will say that Season 4 of Survival has gone for a really, really long time and the current population reflects that. The length of Season 4 is not typical and judging the two-server setup while at it's lowest population, just is not fair. I will give you this: there are definitely some things that we can do to increase competitiveness between all players of Survival in order to somewhat replicate the "one server feel", and that will be considered. Just because it is on two servers, they really are both just Survival. There are things we can do to boost competition if you feel that aspect has been missing (optional features of course. Cultivate is still casual at it's core).

2. Weekly/Bi-Weekly Events
    More events is a great idea in theory, but very hard to execute. We had varying degrees of success utilizing more people to make the Holiday events and I think that strategy may be used going forward for major holidays. The issue with all of the really great events, is that they (currently) require my supervision due to the structure of Cultivate's management team. This may change in the future, and in that scenario then more frequent events is a much more likely possibility. Events simply just get thrown to the wayside first because of all of the other goals that I am trying to achieve. If there was a larger team of people behind events, then I would possibly consider one event/month. I think the events that people may fondly remember on Cultivate, were often thrown by community! Events held by the community are by all means still allowed and could fill in the gap where I fail with events. When people in the community start holding small events and then stop, that responsibility doesn't just fall back to the server instantly. This doesn't even consider that good events are hard to plan, people always complain no matter what, and that events often don't promote retention like people think they do. Overall, a bit of a mixed opinion here. Love events, but they are painful to do and the upside is minimal outside.

3. Greater MCMMO Rewards
    I agree with the overall sentiment here. I do not agree with the reward idea. Obviously people should be able to do other things and get rewarded for it in some way. Soon TM.

Nolan

Owner
    I really like the idea of the events, but feel as if they should be every couple of weeks or every month. Once a week feels too predictable and might die out quickly and finding someone to sponsor these events so often might be a struggle. I also think that while an "event team/manager" has been tried in the past and has failed, giving it one last try in season 5 would be something worth thinking about. Some small event ideas could be trivia, boat racing, a map art "station", building contests, etc. I think having people apply to the event team position like it is a staff position would be helpful in ensuring that the members of the team are dedicated and willing to truly make the events fun/memorable. (Personally, I would love to be a part of something like this and would apply in a heartbeat.) While I have only been on this server a little less than a year, from my experience a lot of people rank up and go tryhard mode and then quit because gaining anything meaningful from something other than farming has pretty much been nerfed, and a lot of old players from past seasons have agreed that events like these are part of what made Cultivate so much fun, Now that these events no longer occur, once you make your farm and build your base and get to 200 or prestige, there isn't really anything else and honestly, it gets boring. I love Cultivate and have has some opinions on this for a while so I'm sorry for rambling, but I truly feel like this could bring the life back to the server :)
    I have answered a majority of these points in my above post, but still wanted to respond to this since it was well thought out.

A key point here seems to be that perhaps buffing other aspects of the game would make survival more interesting or would create more desire to play it. I do not fully agree with this sentiment, because I feel that farming should be the main aspect of leveling still. Now, it is possible that maybe we could do something similar to SB, where you would have to do small non-farming tasks in order to progress.. but I think part of the charm of Survival is just how simple and straight to the point the gameplay is (building a farming, earning money, leveling up, becoming Yeet). I don't think this solves issues though. This would just change one type of grind into another type of grind. In my opinion there just hasn't been a good answer as to how to introduce other areas of Minecraft into the game without them overpowering farming or them being completely useless/disruptive.

As for the conundrum of what happens when you hit 200/Prestige.. I think that a more fundamental problem with Survival's format that couldn't be solved by events. I think there are more things we can do with Prestige to break up the boredom of farming a bit, and I think in the future it'll help a tiny bit when there isn't a 300M penalty for Prestiging.

The only good way I could see bringing in other activities might through optional/fun mechanisms that wouldn't severely overrun gameplay progression. This would provide users with more to do without ruining the main purpose of farming survival.