Join our Official Discord server!

? users currently online.

play.CultivateMC.com

Click to copy IP address!

Pending Suggestion In Game Lottery/Raffle System

4 replies
I was just thinking of an idea I have seen put to use before. I think it would be a fun addition to the server if there was a daily or weekly (whatever Nolan would think is right) lottery/raffle system. for the raffle system It could be items that could be raffled off by paying for tickets with in game money. similar to the summer hoe raffle except it would be with in game money. With the Raffle system I feel as the items should not be tradeable as someone could just turn around and sell the item to someone with lots of money. Now the lottery system I have thought of is very similar to the raffle system. The only difference being you would win the money put into the pot and no items. For example you buy 1 ticket for anywhere from $1,000-$10,000 and the winner will be chosen at random. The more tickets you buy the better chances you have of coming away with the win. Because we have some people that are beyond rich ( Moiene, Shawn) I think there should be a cap of how many you could buy so no one person could rule this system. Possibly Around 100??? With both the lottery and raffle systems we could take out a percentage of the pot to pull money out of the economy. Again these were just ideas I was thinking could be fun to everyone and could be a great in-game addition.

-WereGonnaWin
Posted Oct 24, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 25, 18 by WereGonnaW...
Undo
Liked Member
LEVEL 1
I think it's a good idea, and if you take 10% from the pot it could be a great way of removing money from the economy, which helps with the end game. It's also important to remember that this could just boost a lucky player past tons of ranks.

You could also just have an item for the raffle, which, if balanced, could remove a lot of money from the economy, though it might be needed to have raffle items be non-tradable, so the winner doesn't just sell it to a high-rank player.

In addition to a max ticket amount, you could make it so that say the last 50% of tickets from max cost twice the amount so that it encourages buying only a few tickets.

I hope all of that makes sense.
Posted Oct 24, 18 · Last edited Oct 24, 18 by EditDotEXE
Undo
I agree with everything you stated above... I meant to say something about taking a percentage out just for that exact reason. I feel as that it is possible for someone to get very lucky it would be very unlikely as long as the system is 100 percent balanced. I also agree that the items should be non tradeable because that's a very valid point as they could just turn around and sell it to someone with lots of money. Thank you for adding to the idea I love your suggestions towards it.
Posted Oct 25, 18 · OP
Undo
Liked Member
LEVEL 1
You should add it to your orginal post so it's all in one place, and thanks!
Posted Oct 25, 18
Undo
Done thanks again!
Posted Oct 25, 18 · OP
Undo
NoticeNotices