Join our Official Discord server!

? users currently online.

play.CultivateMC.com

Click to copy IP address!

Pending Suggestion Bringing animals into the economy

3 replies
So the title may not describe what this idea is all that well, but read through this and i'm sure you'll understand it and might like the idea too.

So to start off, we all know we can buy spawners from the shop to spawn just about anything in the area it is placed, but my idea here is to add another way of buying, farming and selling animals:

The biggest part of the idea: The ability to eggify an animal with an object such as a stick...

When you do this, you get the animal spawn in you're inventory, but also get a set amount of money deducted from you're account, so say you find a normal pig and want to eggify it, you right click it and say, $250 gets removed from you're player for doing so while also getting an egg... where as you find something crazy like say you eggify a dolphin, $750 gets removed from you're player and you get it as a spawn egg.

Of course, those prices were just for demonstration sake, if this system was added then the prices for each time you eggified an animal would have to be set to go along with the current economy.

I played on a server that had this system a long time ago, it was a really huge deal for the economy, people sold eggs for nice amounts so you don't need to pour thousands into getting some nearby steak, It also spawned a huge market for horses, where everyone was selling horses, people paying huge amounts of money just for the fastest horse that someone found exploring, or just selling them to people who wanted a horse but had no time to go out and look for one.

It can also be better for those who, instead of waiting for turtles to hatch from eggs, you can just eggify the ones you find exploring and bring them back to you're farm in the form of an egg, making it far easier to create bigger turtle farms.

Anyways I could go on forever about things it could be used for, but I think that's enough to get the idea across, for some it might sound stupid, but for others, it will be really useful. It's a mechanic I really enjoyed and wanted to see about seeing it in cultivate as I basically spend 1/4 of my day playing lmao.
Posted Sep 30, 18 · OP
I really like your suggestion . The more variety the better. I don’t even care if it’s not terribly efficient, but it would be interesting if there were a couple of mobs that could compete with beetroot and wart for profit.
Posted Dec 17, 18
I like this a lot
Posted Dec 18, 18
Animals when talking about mega farms are a laggy entity and for server safety, most servers have controlled spawn rates.
Huge animal/mob farms are some of the most lagtastic events on most servers. If they become a cash crop, forget redstone ever working again XD. Plus server would have to install something liek clearlag to prevent a crisis event caused by someone asleep in front of their spawners
Eggomon capture system would be nice tho.....*sigh* beats dragging a captured anumal across 5k of ocean. Lol.
Posted Dec 18, 18
NoticeNotices