Join our Official Discord server!

? users currently online.

play.CultivateMC.com

Click to copy IP address!

Pending Suggestion Sorter Block.

5 replies
Liked Member
LEVEL 1
I had the idea for a block that uses the hopper block (like the elevator using the skulker box block) and would be used for sorting items in a compact and upgraded form (compaired to vanilla redstone version).
Sorter+Idea_1537429907.png
The sorter would take any items from the container above it that match the items in the four slots to the right, and put it in the left most slot before it sends it to the container it's pointed at.

Not only would this take less space than the bulky redstone sorter, it would be able to sort out items that don't stack (such as records and filled buckets) and it would be able to sort out a total of four different items, which would allow you to have a simular items that don't stack in one chest, (without an even bulker sorter) or all your types of logs in one chest, If you are an animal.
SorterR1_1537435380.png SorterR2_1537435381.png SorterR3_1537435381.png
As for the crafting recipe, I had a few ideas the, but most of them were bad and where a reference the components of a redstone sorter.
SorterR4_1537435780.png
Though you can use/base the recipe off the first three I think this one is clean, makes sense and can be remembered. You could have it take a single diamond, but I think there should be a balanced cost for a item that takes less space and is more useful.

Edit:
You could add even more use to the sorter by having it move stacks at a time, which would not only make a better sorter, but could be used in farms to collect and move items 64 times the speed of normal hoppers.
Posted Sep 20, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 2, 18 by EditDotEXE
Undo
Have you found a redstone sorter that works on the server? I haven't.
Posted Sep 24, 18
Dislike
Undo
Liked Member
LEVEL 1
Have you found one that doesn't? From what I know the most basic design works through the one that can't overflow would work for obvious reasons. If you really can't look up one on youtube here's a link.
Posted Sep 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Sep 29, 18 by EditDotEXE
wrote:
Have you found one that doesn't? From what I know the most basic design works through the one that can't overflow would work for obvious reasons. If you really can't look up one on youtube here's a link.
I've tried several designs, I've yet to find one to work on the server. I don't know where you were directing me with the link, but it only takes me to the main forum page on this site. If you want to show me a specific design that works , or maybe send me a structure file that could be loaded through the structure blocks, I'll pm you my email address.
Posted Sep 29, 18
cool idea, looks like you put quite a bit of effort in this post also!
Posted Oct 2, 18
Undo
CreepingNotSoBad BENEFACTORLEGENDSACREDCHAMP
Liked Member
LEVEL 1
Benefactor
The server`s tick rate speed is double , thats why item sorters are buggy .
To make a working one ( only for farms , not a base ) just make multiple sorters ,like 4 sorters for bone , 4 for arrows ... etc
Posted Oct 5, 18
NoticeNotices